I’ve been doing quite a bit of sewing lately. I made two nightgowns for my girls, but the one I made for Anne did not fit her (despite measuring correctly and even having her try it on half-way through). Maybe she had a growth spurt? So, Evva got two nightgowns which she was quite happy about. I promised Anne I’d make another one for her. I have some pretty old cotton lawn that will be perfect for it. It won’t match her sister (which was my goal), but it will feel good.
I also made a pair of shorts for myself a few weeks ago from this Colette pattern, using a brown cotton light canvas. These shorts are wonderful and fit perfectly. I am want to make another pair!
I also made the Sorbetto tank from Colette patterns. I used a beautiful Japanese cotton print that I had left over from the dress I made Evva. I love this tank–it will be perfect for the summer, and it is super quick to sew up. I will definitely make a few more of these . . . . maybe in a linen or another cotton print or a pink rayon or silk.
Finally, I am making a large amount of napkins as a joint present for a friend getting married. Guests at a small bridal shower will provide the fabric (I’ll provide the muslin backing). So, I am doing some cutting. I also need to make some napkins for our family while I am at it!